* Provide authoritative pre-award guidance for faculty and staff regarding external grants.
* Serve as technical expert for electronic and manual submission of grants.
* Grant Administration: To assist PIs with the financial affairs of their grants so that university, state, and federal regulations and procedures are followed while carrying-out needs of the project.
* Budget Management: Manage and monitor the budget position of the grants and sponsored programs to ensure sufficient funds for operations.
* Facilitates post-award non-financial procedures.
* Advise Principle Investigators (PIs): Provide professional advice to PIs to accomplish the goals of grants and sponsored projects while complying with the State of MN guidelines.
* Oversee the development of university guidelines, procedures, policies, and standards to ensure proper application and implementation with regards to grants (proposals and submissions).
* Support internal grants and programs.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Communications, or another related field
* Ability to read, analyze and comprehend guidelines.
* A working knowledge of basic budgetary accounting and strong analytical skills.
* Ability to work with a variety of software programs.
* Demonstrated ability to write and secure grant proposals above $200K
Attention to detail, effective organization and time management skills to work under deadlines and adapt to ever changing workload.
* Human relations/interpersonal skills, successful experience with conflict management, and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary in the daily association with both internal and external clientele.
* Financial/budgetary experience.
* Considerable knowledge of state and federal grant accounting, auditing and reporting requirements.
* Ability to interpret complex state and federal agency regulations, along with MSUM and MnSCU policies.
* Ability to understand public administration principles as they apply to grants administration and be able to apply these principles in the interpretation of rules and regulations
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Click "apply" to apply online
Accepting applications through October 26, 2021.
Please contact Ok-Hee Lee at
218.477.2096 or email
email@example.com if you have any questions.
MSUM is an equal opportunity educator and
employer and is a member of the Minnesota
State College & Universities System.