Construction Technician is an entry-level position in the construction industry. Successful candidates will learn and perform a wide variety of construction related tasks such as the following:
Safety and Compliance • Safety is a priority at Rochester Sand & Gravel, and therefore everyone’s responsibility. Construction Technicians will be expected to understand and execute the company’s safety program.
• Traffic control planning, installation, and inspection
• Erosion control compliance Quality Control
• Sampling and testing construction materials Technology and Equipment Operation
• Surveying and grade setting using laser levels and GPS Equipment
• Thermal imaging / Intelligent compaction
• Equipment grade control Project Planning and Execution
• Bid Preparation - Plan take-offs / Cycle time - Production rate calculation
• Project scheduling and maintaining daily project quantity records
Associates or bachelor’s degree with interest in construction, construction materials or technology, or 3 years of work experience in a related field. Must have effective communication skills and computer/technical skills.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and goal oriented with the desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
Benefits Competitive wage & retirement program. Health, dental, life and disability insurance. Paid vacation and holidays available immediately.