Part-time, benefited position working 64 hours per two week pay period. Days of work are Monday - Friday wiith hours from 6 am - 2:30 pm (4:30pm every other Friday). Holiday work is as needed.
The laundry technician is responsible for providing an adequate supply of clean and sanitary linen for direct and indirect patient care. The technician also is responsible for sorting, pre-spraying, washing, drying, inspecting, folding and delivering of the processed linen throughout the facility.
- Sorts and processes all linen into groups according to laundry type.
- Pre-spray and sometimes soak heavily soiled/contaminated items before processing.
- Weigh soiled linen and record on forms provided.
- Load washing machine and monitor operation.
- Unload washing machine and load into dryers. Reload washing machine and continue washing process.
- Unload dryers and fold and sort clean linen according to linen type.
- Load clean/folded linen onto delivery cart and delivery to multiple areas throughout the facility.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion via daily sweeping, mopping and cleaning of equipment.
- Check and clean lint from the dryers daily.
- Collect soiled linen throughout the facility as time allows.
- May interact with patients while delivering/retrieving linen.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Must be able to follow oral or written orders.
No formal experience is required (1 to 2 years experience preferred). On the job training is provided.