Come join the public service team at Goodhue County Health & Human Services! You will be a part of skilled, caring and knowledgeable HHS professionals whose talents and contributions promote, strengthen and protect the health of individuals, families and communities in Goodhue County every single day!
Kinds of Work:
Under general supervision, provides social work services for the protection and care of children; performs related work as assigned.
Examples of Work:
- Interviews prospective clients at intake.
- Conducts child protection assessments and investigations according to state guidelines and laws, and/or works with child protection families on an ongoing basis to address risk factors and increase safety.
- Counsels families and individuals.
- Cooperates with local law enforcement, county attorney office, and district court in child abuse and neglect cases.
- Provides written court reports and court testimony as needed.
- Places and supervises children in foster home placements.
- Completes thorough and timely documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the causative factors leading to social maladjustment.
- Knowledge of the socio-economic factors which promote family life and an understanding of the elements which affect family security.
- Ability to work with and motivate the most disadvantaged segment of the community.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with social work peers, clients, relatives, the courts, law enforcement agencies, the Mental Health Center, and the public.
- Ability to manage time productively.
- Ability to follow state guidelines and laws regarding child protection assessments, investigations and ongoing case management cases.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a major in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or closely related field.
The pay rate is $27.84/hr. Full time: 40 hours/week. The County's comprehensive benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, health savings account, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave and 12 paid holidays per year. County employees are eligible for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Completion of a Minnesota Merit System application is required. Applications can be accessed and submitted online at MN Merit System by 4:30 on Monday, January 10, 2022.
Click "Apply" to apply online
GOODHUE COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER