Digi-Key is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. In addition to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components and providing the best service possible to customers, employees have access to a highly competitive benefits package. The package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan featuring a low co-pay and no deductible plan as well as dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts; competitive paid time off; relocation assistance; 401(k) and profit sharing; and education advancement. To learn more, visit our benefits and perks page .ManagerPosition Overview
The Manager, IT Development is responsible for managing and developing agile software development teams. This position ensures that software is designed and developed using repeatable, scalable, and industry best practices. The position's focus is on coaching and developing staff, communicating organization objectives and expectations, and monitoring the progress of projects and initiatives, taking appropriate action when needed.Responsibilities
Must be able to...
- Lead the technical direction and vision for the team in terms of quality, craftsmanship, and performance
- Enable delivery by identifying and removing obstructions to your teams' success
- Engage, inspire, and collaborate with direct reports, management peers, and executive management
- Focus on Individuals' work, career path, health, well-being, and productive best practices
- Oversee planning and organization of department activities. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and measurements in alignment with corporate strategy
- Collaborate with IT leadership to establish an environment which promotes empowerment and collaboration, enabling teams and individuals to accelerate the delivery of business value
- Provide direction and guidance to employees and manage issues appropriately. Partner with Human Resources (HR) when needed
Other typical tasks may also include...
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to travel - domestically and internationally as needed
- May lead/participate on cross-functional committees, task forces
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2 years of leading teams of 10 or more people including offshore development team
- 7 years of developing cutting-edge, enterprise applications
- Proven track record of mentoring and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrate competence in core leadership skills, including leading people, critical/strategic thinking and judgment, business acumen, achieving results, relating to people, managing work effectively, and leading by example.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills for a variety of audiences, including executive management
- Generally spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse and screen
- Generally spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands, head, and other parts of your body
- Must demonstrate the following behavioral competencies; attention to detail, building collaboration, business acumen, communication, creating alignment, critical thinking and judgement, customer/client focus, developing others, drive for results, ethical conduct, innovations and risk taking, initiative, integrity, interpersonal effectiveness, leading courageously, learning orientation, manages execution, organization awareness, personal effectiveness/credibility, planning and organizing, positive attitude, problem solving and analysis, professionalism, project management, resilience, strategic awareness, strategic thinking and application, team leadership, thoroughness, and time management
Digi-Key Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-338-4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement