The Healthcare Intelligence Analyst employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member health drivers, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, member specific health gaps and needs. This position is responsible for obtaining data from various sources, understanding relevant differences between each data source and creating database structures and reports for analysis and possible production reporting. The Healthcare Intelligence Analyst provides analytics to support Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota’s (BCBSND) initiatives around population health management, health care cost transformation and value-based programs. Essential Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mines for and integrates data from multiple, and varied sources, and applies business rules for the purpose of creating analytic data sets. Aggregates raw data from the data warehouse and other data sources and transforms into actionable formats. Performs statistical and data analyses through the manipulation of large data sets.
- Develops and maintains databases and systems necessary for data analysis projects and data support functions. Develops and implements processes, documentation and other strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and data quality. Develops reports and visual outputs (e.g., tables, graphs, dashboards) that effectively communicate the analytical findings to stakeholders.
- Researches and analyzes data to provide descriptive and predictive analytical insights. Develops necessary models and translates these outcomes into actionable solutions and programs for customers to build and/or improve programs and processes. Develops, formats and communicates results in a manner that meets the needs of stakeholders. Assists in identifying, compiling and providing key metrics in order to measure performance and guide improvement initiatives.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to understand data needs and deliver insightful analytic solutions. Works closely with other divisions to develop methods to gather and extract appropriate, accurate and timely data. Proactively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Provides assistance to various departments and management by recommending appropriate statistical analysis techniques for various projects. Assists other divisions within the company with statistical analysis, as necessary.
Research and Data Analysis
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Intermediate Education RequirementsRequired
Master'sField(s) of Study
: Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related field Experience RequirementsRequired
: Minimum of 3 YearsPreferred:
Minimum of 3 YearsExperience Details
: Minimum of 3 years of statistical, data or population health analysis is required Certification, Licensures & Registration RequirementsTitle
: N/AState or Agency
: N/A Equivalent combination of education, experience or training determined to be acceptable by Human Resources may be substituted, unless regulated by contract or program standards Physical Demands
Use of Computer
Telephones and Other Electronic Devices
Frequent (60-90%)Other Information
BCBSND has a vaccination protocol in place that requires any employees who physically work in a BCBSND office or whose role requires direct customer contact to be vaccinated against COVID-19. We respect your choice to get vaccinated (or not) and getting vaccinated is not a condition of employment. If you are not vaccinated, you may work remotely if your role allows for it. If your role does not allow for remote work and you are unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine, there is an exception process available that includes a weekly testing regimen.
Job Posting Policy
Employees new to Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota are eligible to apply for positions within their assigned department after successfully completing 90-days in their role. For positions outside of their department, new employees should attain a minimum of six months of service before applying for a new role. Exceptions to this are acceptable, provided there is good business justification for making the move.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities, as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
For questions, please email email@example.com
This job posting will be closed 2/8/2022 at 8:00AM CST. No further applications will be considered.