aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve
available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.Job Description
Under direction of the Asset Manager implements maintains and administers an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. The incumbent will be accountable for ensuring the most timely and cost-effective maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, equipment, vehicles and rolling stock for the Milwaukee site.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of a Reliability Centered Maintenance program.
- Maintains and upgrades Computerized Maintenance Management system, procedures, data integrity, scheduling and reporting.
- Supports and services Corporate Asset Management across Veolia Water North America.
- Is the champion of continuous process improvement for maintenance standards using the SMP's (Standard Maintenance Practices) as the implementation vehicle.
- Acts as Change Agent for reliability initiatives in the field. Works to educate staff on corporate maintenance and asset management directives.
- Administration and management of treatment facility and site maintenance department including the maintenance management system for the collection and conveyance system maintenance.
- Maintains all plant system equipment, buildings and grounds. Coordinates shared services with conveyance and collections maintenance.
- Establishes and administers programs, policies, and procedures, including general, predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance programs, repairs and overhauls, fee structures, general shop operations, and scheduling and prioritizing of work.
- Provides technical advice and guidance in the diagnosis and repair of difficult problems.
- Direct staff to utilize all available predictive maintenance technologies including, but not limited to, vibration analysis, oil analysis, infrared thermography, and ultrasound to determine machinery condition.
- Determines need and feasibility of major repairs on individual pieces of equipment; consults with user departments to recommend repair or replacement of equipment.
- Oversees and optimizes an effective Predictive Maintenance program to minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Consults with Operations and Engineering regarding modification or replacement of existing equipment to improve operation of the facilities at reduced maintenance cost.
- Oversees and ensures all vendor/contractor maintenance services are performed to contractual agreements.
- Coordinates with Procurement for identifying/sourcing "best-in-class" maintenance contractors, parts and inventory needs, and delivery.
- Analyzes cost studies of proposals for new facilities and equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet contract, site and regional goals and objectives.
- Leads continuous improvement process through SMP development
- Coordinates the implementation of the Veolia Maintenance Library
- Will be required to implement Reliability Projects at Veolia Water North America facilities.
- Ensures and audits compliance to VWNA maintenance policies
- Will assist VWNA with training staff in Asset Management related topics
- Act as lead facilitator for Reliability Centered Maintenance reviews at assigned VWNA projects
- Performs other projects/tasks/duties as assigned
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering or related
field. Eight to ten years of progressive experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience including a minimum of five years supervisory experience preferred.
Thorough knowledge of the repair and maintenance of turbines, gasoline and diesel engines and mechanical equipment. Familiarity with predictive maintenance activities Extensive experience using electronic & mechanical measuring equipment.
- Hold Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level I certification in Ultrasound, Thermo/Infrared and Vibration, or working toward certification
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and statistical analysis
- Problem-solving skills and follow-up ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Good understanding of machine diagnostics and complex operating systems.
- Ability to understand and use reference materials (manuals, schematics, etc.).
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and data analysis
- Experienced in application of Reliability Centered Maintenance and Root Cause
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency. Familiarity with maintenance, operation, regulatory reporting and cost estimating software.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- Considerable knowledge of business practices applicable to fleet maintenance management and administration.
- Considerable knowledge of purchasing, inventory, and storeroom procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of used/surplus equipment capabilities, examination and testing prior to purchase and sources for needed contractual skills and parts.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in working with multi-craft unionized craft personnel.
Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to
accommodate site needs.
Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to
interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood
written communications and reports.
Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the
Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and proceduresPreferred
Masters degree in Engineering or Business.
Experience in Process / Operations Management, QA/QC procedures, Safety,
Environmental and Facilities Management.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.