Minnesota Oncology offers its employees an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging work environment. We are currently looking for an individual with passion for the healthcare field and someone that can commit to personal accountability and integrity. An ideal candidate will also have excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate and work in a team based environment.
Come join this dynamic team who is passionate about providing exceptional care to our patients. No nights, holidays, or weekends!Why Work for Us?We offer a competitive benefits package that includes -
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage
- 401k plan that comes with a company match
- Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program and Discount Program to some of your favorite retailers
- Ensures all insurance, demographic, and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system in an accurate manner.
- Performs insurance verification process on all third party payers. Obtains initial and subsequent pre-authorization for services and surgeries.
- Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
- Utilizes the Summary of Patient Reimbursement and Liability form and obtains appropriate approvals as required.
- Performs financial counseling process on all patients prior to treatment, which includes patient financial obligations, billing practices and establishing payment arrangements.
- Documents financial counseling process and forwards to Billing Office.
- Assists patients in obtaining financial assistance (i.e. Medicaid, drug replacement), outside assistance (i.e. transportation or other community services), and all appropriate forms filled out.
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Assists in maintaining manuals, logs and other required documentation as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding for patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Previous Financial Counseling Experience Preferred
- Medical Business Office Experience with Insurance Procedures and Patient Interaction Preferred
- Strong Desire to Learn
- Ability to Multi-task
- Can Successfully Prioritize Tasks
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively