The mission of Knute Nelson is to enrich the lives of everyone we serve.
This position is on-call working at our Crystal Brook facility. The minimum requirement for on-call is to work three shifts per month.Scope:
- Responsible for performing a combination of duties including resident care, meal services, housekeeping, laundry, and life enrichment .
- Duties are resident directed and provided primarily in the assisted living households and assisted living units .
- Has frequent contact and communicates with staff, residents, family members and visitors .
- Resident Care & Services - Provide individualized care and services for residents based upon regulations and established policies and procedures which may include: companionship, errands, transportation, escorting, assisting with life skills, snack/meal preparation, social activities and special events, housekeeping and laundry as needed or assigned. Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Meal Services - Assist in preparing, storing, recording and serving meals, beverages and snacks for residents based upon resident requests, regulations, established policies, procedures and best practices. Set and clear tables, assist residents with menu selection, meal and beverage service, and clean the meal area according to established procedures and schedules. Clean dishes, equipment and work area according to established sanitation schedules. Create a positive eating experience for residents that promote their independence, choice and overall well-being. Encourage resident participation in the meal program and meal activities.
- Team Participation
- Other Duties as Assigned - Uses applicable infection control procedures. In the event of a fire or other emergency, assist with resident evacuation. Attend in-service training and other work related meetings as required or approved. Carry out special projects as identified. Assist with event preparation and clean up. May assist in snow removal of less than two inches from walkways and sidewalks. The Environmental Services duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work calmly and effectively with the elderly.
- Experience working in healthcare preferred, ideally in a long-term care, home care, or assisted living setting.
- Critical thinking, interpersonal effectiveness and teamwork skills are required.
- Must have an ability to work with changing priorities, work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must complete and pass a state required background study.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Knute Nelson's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Knute Nelson is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement.Knute Nelsonalso provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.