Ulland Brothers, Inc., is a Civil/Highway Heavy, utility/underground, aggregate and site development contractor with offices in Carlton, Virginia and Albert Lea, MN. Ulland Brothers has operated in the construction industry for over 95 years. Ulland Brother has an immediate opening in our Northern Division in the Carlton or Virginia office for an Estimator/Project Manager. The Estimator/Project Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is primarily responsible for the preparation of cost estimates and project management throughout the construction process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure Work
- Determine the interest we have in a job and its priority
- Monitor publications and internet sites for prospective jobs
- Develop a system of contacts with the private sector, owners, designers, and developers
- Meet with clients and potential clients to develop new business relationships and promote public relations
- Establish and maintain knowledge of the company capabilities and availability
- Build relationships with subcontractors
- Develop a working knowledge of costs
- Study monthly job recap and weekly costs
- Study the project being bid
- Oversee take-off and prepare cost estimates
- Order bonds and continue to build a relationship with our bonding company
- Hold a pre-construction meeting with the General Superintendent, Job Superintendent and Safety Manager
- Arrange and attend the pre-construction conference with the client to work out the scheduling requirements and discuss questions, problems, special needs, etc.
- Assist in the development of site-specific safety plans
- Monitor job schedule vs. original schedule
- Monitor job costs vs. estimated costs
- Assist with changes in the scope of work
- Take an active role in trade and professional associations.
- Attend industry related training and self-development programs
- College education with a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field, or applicable construction experience
- Efficient in the use of estimating software
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and in external meetings
- General knowledge of heavy highway construction methods
Ulland Brothers, Inc offers a competitive benefits package including a company vehicle.
Please include a resume with your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.