At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact?YOUR ROLE
- Identify new opportunities for product development and work with development project teams to bring these opportunities to the market.
- Travel with sales representatives to develop a first-hand understanding of customer needs and application details.
- Develop and maintain a Henkel Product specialty and serve as a technical expert in this specialty when working with staff individually and/or on team efforts.
- Work directly with Henkel customers to identify, qualify, close, and maintain Henkel Product applications
- Supports and ensures completion of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Plan on customer / all product performance complaints
- Plans for and executes Application engineering testing, reports and communicates to field teams and/or customers
- Ensures laboratory and application equipment are calibrated and safety checked in compliance with local regulations
- Standardizes and develops new test methods
- Runs and performs customer training and lab demonstrations using application equipment (internal and external)
- Prepares internal (and external, if relevant) tests reports and makes presentations to an internal workgroup or department
- Participates in presentations to customers
- Leads internal and external technical requests and projects
- Directly communicates (in scope of products tests/validation) with the field Sales/Application Engineering teams, KAMs, project team, customers
- Leads/supports ongoing harmonization and administration of laboratory test methods (incl. Implementation/development of new test methods)
- Participates in training of Sales / Marketing and other Technical personnel (external focus)
- Provides application support for various projects assigned by a supervisor
- B.S. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or other Technical degrees with a G.P.A. of 3.3 or higher preferred.
- One to three years of demonstrated related experience in manufacturing and statistical analysis, preferably in an adhesive environment.
- Customer support experience (providing product application training).
- Demonstrated project management and laboratory skills.
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership, sense of urgency, self-starter, takes the initiative.
- Potential for up to 30% overnight travel per year.
The salary for this role is $58,000.00 - $65,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.