At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If youâ€™re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact?YOUR ROLE
- The Senior Analytical Scientist will be responsible for leading technical activities and the analytical team in Henkel's Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy lab.
- Conduct Analysis of industrial adhesives and functional products using modern NMR instrumentation to solve major innovation, manufacturing and customer issues.
- Perform instrumental analysis for target compound quantification and unknown structure elucidation.
- Analyze and summarize experimental results independently, present experimental results in front of research team and in support of R&D projects through active customer interaction.
- Serve as the ultimate go-to person and expert for technical challenges in NMR spectroscopy and compositional analysis areas within Henkel Adhesive business.
- Develop experimental methods, design and carry out experimental plans and procedures using modern analytical tools.
- Introduce and establish advanced NMR techniques with different types of chemical identification capabilities into Henkel.
- Tackle challenging customer issues and conduct major root cause analysis and comprehensive compositional analysis which lead to rational solutions for Henkel Adhesive business to gain or secure the accounts.
- Work with technical team, propose analytical solutions, lead analytical projects to coordinate internal comprehensive analyses and communicate with the business partners to ensure on-time delivery of the results and provide proper solutions.
- Be part of global NMR competency team to share analytical best practices, conduct cross-training, and align the capabilities across different ASG sites.
- Ph. D. in the field of Analytical, Organic/Inorganic or Polymer Chemistry with a minimum of 5 years working experience is required.
- Extensive hands-on experience in NMR instrumentation is required.
- Experience with applications in organic chemical structure identification and compositional analysis is a plus.
- Capable of analytical method development and validation.
- Capable of interpretation of complicated analytical results and accurate quantitation on complex sample matrices.
- Effective written and oral communication as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organic chemistry background and experience in polymer, adhesive or other chemical and materials characterization skill is a plus.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.