This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Our Product Managers work closely with partners and cross-functional teams to build the right things, in the right way at all stages of the product life cycle.
A Principal Product Manager at Ad Hoc leads a portfolio of product managers. As a "player-coach" they help teams define goals, shape solutions, and drive outcomes with clients, while managing the health of the product practice within their area. Their role involves coaching and mentoring other product managers, supporting client work, and developing new methods and approaches that help our teams be successful. Requirements
What You'll Do
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
What You'll Bring
- Delivers presentations, creates product briefs, and other artifacts that help articulate the vision and strategy for government digital services within their program area.
- Conducts workshops and leads strategic conversations with government partners to facilitate decision making and steer technology efforts towards key outcomes, rather than predefined requirements.
- Aligns internal products teams around a set of shared goals and objectives; provides product teams with mentoring and oversight and helps course-correct when necessary.
- Leads workshops and strategic conversations with government partners; leverages industry frameworks and best practices to facilitate decision-making.
- Creates mechanisms and standards that help measure the health and success of our people and products.
- Leads hiring for their program or portfolio; works with the Practice Director and Recruiting to manage the pipeline of talent against current and expected needs, and ensures that we have the right people in the right roles.
- Mentors and supports others in their careers; conducts performance reviews and identifies opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Effectively communicates the impact of Ad Hoc's work through blog posts, white papers, and speaking opportunities.
- Cultivates key relationships with government partners and contributes to new business development efforts, including proposal writing, as required.
- Leads strategic initiatives that support the goals of the product practice and growth at Ad Hoc as assigned.
- 4 or more years of leading a cross-functional team to deliver digital products/services.
- Experience shipping more than one user-facing digital product, ideally from conception to launch, in an agile environment.
- Skilled at leading kickoff workshops, discovery/prototyping sprints, road mapping exercises, and prioritization efforts with clients and teams. Can influence and guide decision-making.
- Superior product judgement - understands when to experiment and how in order to deliver the highest value solutions.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring product managers and teams.
- Understands what makes a strong product manager, how to help people grow, and how to align the efforts of various teams around common goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; can effectively translate complex issues for a variety of audiences and lead strategic discussions with clients.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $128,183 - $169,065 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.