Overview !!$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR NEW EMPLOYEES!!
Full-time, benefited position working 80 hours per two week pay period. Days of work are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm . Weekend work is occasional. Holiday work is as needed.
Performs necessary tasks for assigned department including; registering patients and scheduling appointments. Ensures that accurate patient information and any obtainable payments are collected. Explains all pertinent hospital policies and procedures.
- Greets patients and guests upon entering the hospital or assigned department, ascertain needs, and directs appropriately.
- Interviews patients, gathering information including but not limited to demographic data, insurance information and emergency notification, and obtains appropriate signatures. The interview process may be done in the emergency room or in the patient's room in addition to the designated admission areas. Interacts with patients of all age groups (infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics) while performing duties.
- Discusses payment arrangements with patients, receives payments and prepares receipts.
- Escorts patients and their families to their rooms or outpatient department.
- Inputs patient information into computer and, upon completion, distributes forms to appropriate personnel. Patient transfers and discharges are entered in the computer.
- Answers the telephone and intercom, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person in assigned area.
- Prepares and organizes the daily appointment/treatment schedule for assigned department staff.
- Quick register or Pre-registers patients for all appropriate hospital departments, gathering information for the admission process, and giving instructions and other pertinent information to the patient.
- Make customer services calls to all scheduled patients, reminding patients of scheduled appointments and giving instruction and other pertinent information (especially estimated upfront pricing) to the patient.
- Works closely with Patient Access Specialist; inquires about preauthorization.
- Routinely functions as telephone console attendant which includes paging, operating the beeper system, and voice mail. Answers and screens calls in a prompt, pleasant, and efficient manner.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations i.e Code Blue, fire alerts, stat calls, etc.
- Completes the scanning of documents to accounts. Assures scanned documents are maintained in the system and cleans equipment as needed.
- Verifies patient insurance information with insurance companies to determine eligibility, type of coverage, and primary payer.
- Reviews all admits for completeness and inputs coding as needed; works on PC including Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) projects; files in Business Office.
- Maintains registration proficiency program.
- Assist Patient Account Coordinator in gathering and recording patient visit estimates and determining co-pay, coinsurance deductibles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Work requires a high school level of knowledge. Admissions-Emergency Department-Night: Must be certified as a Nurse Aide or have completed course work in a nursing or vocational program to satisfy requirements for placement on the ND Department of Health Nurse Assistant Registry. Must be able to follow oral or written orders. Good written and verbal communication skills are needed.
One year clerical experience required.