Digi-Key is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. In addition to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components and providing the best service possible to customers, employees have access to a highly competitive benefits package. The package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan featuring a low co-pay and no deductible plan as well as dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts; competitive paid time off; relocation assistance; 401(k) and profit sharing; and education advancement. To learn more, visit our benefits and perks page .Solutions Architect
Remote work may be available for the following states: AZ, AR, CA, IL, MA, MI, MN, NH, NY, ND, NJ, OH, SC, SD, TX, VA, WI Position Overview:
Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Responsible for technical solutions. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management. Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of the integrated system design, including work of others.
This is not exclusively an essential onsite role, though may require some onsite attendance. Responsibilities:
Must be able to...
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Designs major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Provides technical leadership to the applications development team
- Performs design and code reviews
- Ensures that uniform enterprise-wide application design standards are maintained
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to ensure architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to possible reallocation of efforts to other organizations per business need and management request.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is typically required
- A minimum of five to eight years of related work experience
- Software skill sets such as AJAX, C#/C++ and LAMP
- Expertise in the design, development and deployment of enterprise-level N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET Framework or Java Enterprise Edition platform, as needed
- High level of technical expertise combined with excellent planning, coordination and communication skills, as well as the ability to work on teams
- Experience with relevant development tools and specific application and system architecture, in addition to a strong understanding of modern design patterns (e.g. Microservices, APIs)
- Must demonstrate the following behavioral competencies; communication, strategic thinking, creativity, team work, and problem solving
- Generally spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse and screen
- Generally spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands, head, and other parts of your body
- Ability to operate computer workstation hardware and software
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Digi-Key Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-338-4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement