Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council, Inc. (SMOC) is seeking an Executive Director/CEO to guide our organization. The position will serve in-person in Worthington, Minnesota. The application process will be open until a qualified candidate is hired, however the screening process will begin immediately so interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. Interviews will begin in June.
Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council, Inc. (SMOC) is a nonprofit Community Action Agency, serving the needs of low-income people in Southwestern Minnesota. Four counties - Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, and Rock - comprise the core geographic service area of the organization, however SMOC provides specific programs in as few as one and as many as fifteen counties in the region.
Job qualifications include:
- Excellent leadership, relationship-building, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to administer a private, nonprofit organization, including an understanding of the legal responsibilities and constraints of such an organization.
- Several years' experience managing and guiding an organization or division, preferably in a grant-funding nonprofit setting with a budget of at least $1 million.
- Experience working with anti-poverty programs and administration of government grants/contracts.
- A strong understanding of nonprofit finance, fund accounting, and fundraising
- Experience engaging and working with diverse and underrepresented people and communities
- Knowledge of causes and conditions of and effective solutions to addressing poverty
- Familiarity with the communities of Southwestern Minnesota or rural communities in general
- Recent experience in senior management, both directly and indirectly managing a team
- A combination of education and progressive experience befitting the chief officer of a nonprofit
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and five-years of relevant nonprofit business administration experience. A Master's Degree is preferred. Credit given for educational experience outside of the United States. Bilingual candidates preferred but not required.
Compensation includes a salary of $100,000 to $135,0000 per year plus a competitive benefit package including health and life insurance, retirement program and generous paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified persons interested in applying must submit a completed agency application form, along with a cover letter and resume to: Executive Director/CEO, SW MN Opportunity Council, 1106 Third Avenue, PO Box 787, Worthington, MN 56187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Forms are available at our Worthington office, or by calling 507-376-4195, or 1-800-658-2444 or at www.smoc.us. TTY 507-372-7279. EEO/AA Employer.