JOB SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
USDI is seeking a Natural Gas Engineer to perform project-based engineering as well as support clients with state and federal code compliance. The job will encompass all aspects of field and office activities from our Princeton, MN location. Work typically involves working with other engineering team members on project related work such as pipeline, meter and regulator station design as well as supporting clients with state and federal (Part 192) compliance activity. Engineers at USDI typically have some field responsibilities as well including surveys and inspections. The field responsibilities imply that some travel is required as well as good general physical condition.
Utility Safety and Design, Inc. (USDI - ) provides professional engineering and design, consultation, construction, and operational services for owners and operators of natural gas facilities, including transmission operators, municipalities, master meter operators, and local distribution companies. Whatever your natural gas needs, USDI is your full-service partner. Since 1969 we've served more than 350 pipeline, master meter, municipal, and utility systems across the Midwest - some with a single service (such as leak surveys, cathodic protection surveys, regulator station inspections, and plan development and implementation), others as professional engineers, and still others as the operator of record. USDI provides full-spectrum natural gas solutions through 1) up-front consultation, 2) strategic engineering and design, 3) affordable construction services, and 4) total operational support.
- A 4-year engineering or engineering technical degree from an accredited university or college.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Able to work with minimal supervision or assistance from others
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Physically prepared for hands on job tasks in all types of weather conditions
- Able to pass initial and continuous federally required Operator Qualification evaluations
- Able to effectively operate various company supplied equipment
- Willingness to travel, including overnight stays
- Experience with natural gas industry highly preferred
- Experience with GPS and/or GIS systems and software a plus
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, management, and clients.
- Maintain a safe environment for co-workers, clients, and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Able to pass a background, driving, employment history, and drug/alcohol screening
USDI offers an excellent benefit package and a salary that will be commensurate with the level of experience, skills, and ability possessed by the candidate. USDI benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
USDI OFFICE LOCATION:
?? Princeton, MN
SUBMIT RESUMES TO:
- Darin L. Houchin, P.E.
- 1927 Miller Drive
- Olney, IL 6245
- Anthony Everette, P.E.
- 28847 US Highway 136
- Unionville, MO 63565