We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.DescriptionVLS Environmental Solutions LLC is the recognized industry leader in providing Environmental Solutions to our Industrial and Manufacturing clients. A financially stable company that has experienced significant organic and inorganic growth over the past several years, VLS offers the perks of a big company (competitive pay, great time off packages, and solid benefits, including paid life insurance and a 401(k) match of up to 5%) combined with the collaborative and results-driven culture of a small one. The Plant/Fleet Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to minor forklift repairs, screw press, pumps, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position generally reports to the Fleet Maintenance Manager. Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs in accordance with VLS Environmental Solutions and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to forklifts, screw presses, pumps, hydraulic power packs, truck loading/unloading ramps, asst fleet maintenance in trailer/truck/tractor repair, plumbing, compressors, metal fabrication, motors, welding, bulk fluid tanks, fans, pumps, and building equipment.
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Fleet Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of third-party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Ability to assist Fleet Maintenance with minor truck/trailer/fleet vehicle repairs
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with VLS Environmental Solutions/OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
PM22POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications
- 2 years of relevant experience
- 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in Welding and fabrication
- Knowledge of:
- single and three phase electrical systems.
- Electrical control
- Hydraulic systems
- pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Safely operates tools and equipment during the repair and servicing of equipment
- Technicians are required to provide their own basic tools to perform routine maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs.
- Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing, pulling, bending and lifting objects more than 50 pounds.
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
- Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the workday.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by person/people assigned to this work. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with it. VLS Recovery Services reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.SHIFT:
-not applicable-RAIL, WASTE, MARINE, CORPORATE: POSITION: EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT:
WI, WauwatosaABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
VLS Environmental Services is the recognized industry leader in providing Environmental Solutions to our Industrial and Manufacturing clients. A financially stable company that has experienced significant organic and inorganic growth over the past several years, VLS offers the perks of a big company (competitive pay, great time off packages, and solid benefits, including paid life insurance and a 401(k) match of up to 5%) combined with the collaborative and results-driven culture of a small one.