!!$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR NEW HIRES!!
This positon is a full time benefited position working 80 hours per pay period Monday - Friday 8-4:30. No holidays or weekends.
This position works with the patient accounts to ensure accuracy of account status. Performs reconciliation in various timely fashions of credit processing and outsourced accounts. In addition, is to work closely with the public on timely payments and JRMC internal charity care program.
- Develop a thorough understanding and working knowledge of all public and private health insurance programs that provide assistance to the uninsured and underinsured. Assist uninsured and underinsured individuals in applying for available health insurance or prescription assistance and track delivery of care.
- Review upcoming schedules to determine private pay patients. Make personal contact either in the pre-registration process, at time of appointment or during patient stay. Interacts with patients in the adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups while performing duties.
- Investigate delinquent accounts to identify any special circumstance affecting payment delays and follows up with appropriate parties. Phone contacts are made to patients whenever possible. Contact third-party payers as necessary to facilitate the payment of past due accounts.
- Receive and process accounts receivable checks and other mail. Identify appropriate hospital accounts to ensure accurate application of payments received. Prepare receipt form and follows up on mail. Enter information from Bad Debt Payment sheets and returned accounts.
- Explain charges and answers other related inquiries from patients, their families, attorneys, etc., referring to other departments as needed.
- Assisting patient with payment plan options.
- Prepare and maintains collection related records.
- Follows up on problems that may arise with guarantor discrepancies, etc.
- Monitors miscellaneous accounts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Oversees the procedure of return mail in the patient access area
- Oversees the credit card payment processing system and enrollment for patient access and financial service teams.
- Works closely with Reimbursement Specialist to monitor and enter charges appropriately to accounts.
Requires associate degree or completion of high school education and 2 or more years of collection experience. Minimum typing speed 50 wpm required.
Two or more years of collection or clerical experience depending on education which demonstrates progressively more responsible required; three months on-the-job training.
Background check will be completed for this position.