Overview !!$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR NEW EMPLOYEES!!
Full-time, benefited position working 72-80 hours every two week pay period. Days of work are Sunday - Saturday with variable hours. Working every third weekend, no holidays, and rotating shifts.
Draws blood from patients, order tests on outpatients and labs sent from other facilities. Clerical duties, restock supplies and put them away. Answer phone calls, etc. No degree or license required. Will train how to draw blood if no previous experience. Must have a high school diploma or GED and over 18 years of age.
- Collects venous and capillary blood specimens according to laboratory protocol.
- Maintains phlebotomy tray and work area to minimize exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Provides appropriate laboratory services and care to the following age groups: infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards of performance.
- Assists with inventory and receiving supplies.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing of patient reports and maintaining statistics for workload recording units.
- Processes specimens to be performed in-house or sent out to reference laboratories.
- Responsible for maintaining interpersonal skills, initiative, and attitude.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies.
- Adheres to hospital/department exposure control policies and safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Performs urine drug screens which certification will be provided for and.
- Performs breath alcohol testing and draws legal blood alcohols.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Certification as a phlebotomist is desirable. Ability to be trained on the job. CPR certified, may be obtained onsite once hired .
Previous work experience in a medical setting and basic knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology are beneficial.
Position requires the individual to provide a vehicle for transportation. Must hold a valid North Dakota Drivers License.