Digi-Key is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. In addition to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components and providing the best service possible to customers, employees have access to a highly competitive benefits package. The package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan featuring a low co-pay and no deductible plan as well as dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts; competitive paid time off; relocation assistance; 401(k) and profit sharing; and education advancement. To learn more, visit our benefits and perks page .Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As Data Governance Analyst (DGA) you will become a key member of Digi-Key's Data Office (GDO). Within the Data Ecosystem Pillar (DE) you will report be responsible for deploying key Data Governance processes that pertain to the sourcing, management, development, and consumption of data assets across Digi-Key. This will require close collaboration with each of other pillars within GDO, Digi-Key's Service Lines, Regions, IT Services, CBS Data Office, and other key stakeholder groups with Digi-Key.Responsibilities:
Must be able to...
- Working with the Digi-Key, the DGA will implement components of the DO's data governance strategy, built on the following principles:
Must maintain a high degree of trust with our client's data across both Inputs and Outputs: Inputs (Sourcing): Data supplied by Digi-Key clients will be rationalized into information value chains that are treated in accordance with legal, regulatory, contractual, and professional standards Outputs (Usage): Information value chains will be ethically leveraged to maximize value across several commercial patterns to enhance client services and create new market opportunities All data available in the data ecosystem can be utilized across all service offerings and business models subject to usage and access restrictions Separate Supply and Demand: Supply (ingestion) will largely be decoupled from Demand as supply is driven by availability of sources Data alliance are key to gain critical mass: It will be difficult for EY to rely entirely on collected and purchased data Data will be managed by source system: Each source system will have a roadmap to meet Demand requirements
- Participate in the application and deployment of data policies and processes and their continued enforcement to include areas such as workflow for data ingestion, data quality, master data and data life cycle management
- Ensure that data quality guidance and direction is applied throughout the entire data lifecycle, most importantly upfront, through the vision and roadmaps for solutions that seek to leverage data and data services
- Ensure that all data assets which are subject to the governance processes within the Data office are addressed
- Support the development and maintenance of an end-to-end data lifecycle management approach
- Responsible for applying data governance framework including the management of data, operating model, data policies and standards as well as the application of clearly defined data management definitions for use across the Data Office
- Apply a data governance framework, with a focus on continued improvement of data quality and strict adherence to the agreed Trust and Classification processes.
- Follow the guidelines related to data governance and data quality and ensure clear accountability. In addition, he/she will have a key role working with various stakeholders across the organization to achieve the goals defined in the data governance and data management strategies.
- Deliver status updates on data quality by updating a Data Quality dashboard
- Follow standards, policies, and processes regarding data quality management
- Operate data remediation plans where data fails to meet required standard
- Operational Management and Decision-Making Responsibilities:
Monitoring data quality process, identifying data quality issue patterns, applying remediation plans, implementation of data controls and manage data quality remediation strategies Updating a Data Quality dashboard highlighting key issues Monitor and track data quality issues, identify gaps, and apply action plans to remediate gap Ensure that data quality is assessed and evaluated as an integral part of new solution developments Apply quality processes for the delivery of Analytics products within the Data ecosystemOther Typical Tasks
- Moderate Travel
- Long hours may occasionally be required to meet project commitments and/or preparing materials for clients (internal and external). Overtime may be required as per country overtime policy
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate workload and multiple time zones, as needed
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a relevant domain such as Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Informatics or related field equivalent, relevant work experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in data quality management, information architecture and governance design and implementation, with significant influence on overall direction of data governance management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing data-based guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships that result in adoption of organizational change
- Experience of having been engaged within a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, globally dispersed team
- Any Data Governance, Applicable Vendor, or Industry certification
Digi-Key Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-338-4105 or email@example.com .
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement