Powertrain Systems Design Engineer (I, II, or Sr.)
- Bobcat Company
- Bismarck, ND
- Join our team!
- Engineering and Architecture
- Designer / Graphic Designer / Artist
- Job Type
- Full Time
Join the Global Powertrain Systems Team to maximize your career potential.
The Global Powertrain Systems Team is a division of the Bobcat Global Core Technologies Group which focuses on engines and engine subsystem R&D activity, strategic planning, engineered design solutions, and technical oversight for all Bobcat global products.
The Global Powertrain Systems Team leverages our collective experience throughout the worldwide Bobcat network driving product excellence through a focus on powertrain systems, increasing efficiency through standardization, capturing knowledge, and documenting best practices for sustained product excellence, and developing people through training, mentoring, and succession planning.
The Global Powertrain Systems Team supports all Bobcat products, including ZTRs, UTVs, ToolCat, Tractors, Mini Track Loaders, Articulated Loaders, Compact Wheel Loaders, Tractor Loader Backhoe’s, Mini Excavators, Skid Steer Loaders, Compact Track Loaders, Versahandlers, Generators and Compressors, and future products.
The Global Powertrain Systems Team combines virtual and hands-on techniques to develop & evaluate solutions for new & existing powertrain systems using the latest in engineering design tools and inspection equipment.
Bonus Eligible: Bobcat is offering sign-on bonuses to engineers with 3+ years of experience.
Role & Responsibility
GLOBAL POWERTRAIN SYSTEMS ENGINEER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop next-generation engine and engine subsystems to support future Bobcat products
- Complete research & development activity to align with Bobcat product road maps for full product line-up
- Support field and service personnel to identify and resolve root causes of challenging quality issues
- Develop application knowledge of new techniques, materials, & procedures beneficial to system changes
- Work closely in a team atmosphere to provide new and innovative design solutions
- Develop CAD skills and knowledge of company systems
- Learn and apply company engineering policies and practices
GLOBAL POWERTRAIN SYSTEMS ENGINEER GROWTH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop component & system requirements through collaboration with Bobcat Marketing, Sourcing, Product Teams, Quality Engineers, and External Suppliers
- Develop powertrain specifications to ensure compatibility with system and product requirements
- Develop test/analysis plan for component and system validation
- Write, direct, and analyze test results on prototype and production powertrain systems and components
- Collaboratively support Aftermarket Parts, Service, Sales, and Marketing in developing product field materials
- Collaboratively support Manufacturing and suppliers in troubleshooting and resolving design concerns
- Collaboratively support Service investigation and resolution of customer complaints, concerns, and requests
- Conduct component and system-level inspections and complete root cause analysis
- Develop and execute strategies to reduce customer warranty and improve product quality
- Collaborate with global facilities, international teams, and suppliers on a daily basis
- Compile and document design solutions required for building prototypes and adoption of designs with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management, and/or supplier personnel
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural & Bio-systems Engineering
- ABET-accredited engineering program preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to clearly communicate technical data and project information in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in teams
- Ability to perform basic engineering calculations and interpret advanced analysis results
- Product design industry experience preferred
- Experience: 0 - 2+ years
- Travel Standard:
ADVANTAGEOUS EXPERIENCE AREAS:
- Heat transfer
- Heat exchangers
- Engine emissions
- Internal combustion engines
- Exhaust after-treatment
- Diesel fuel systems
- Fuel filtration
- Air filtration
- Engine control systems
- Structural analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Machine Evaluation
- Noise, Vibration, and Harshness
- Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing
- Creo or CAD
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Nearest Secondary Market: Bismarck
Our people power our progress. Keeping our company moving forward means empowering employees with opportunities to grow and the resources necessary to be happy, healthy and productive. That’s why we offer our people a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Here, you’ll enjoy full health coverage, paid time off, income protection, employee discounts on certain consumer goods, tuition reimbursement and more.
How do different cultures play a part in your organization?
Our North American headquarters is located in North Dakota, where we started the compact equipment industry. But our locations span the entire globe – dealers, manufacturing facilities and corporate offices – where innovation is driven forward worldwide. To continue expanding our reach, we’ve opened the Global Collaboration Center in the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
What skills, education, and experiences does your ideal candidate(s) have?
•Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
•These are entry level opportunities
•Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly. Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements. Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
•The ability to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or GED is required.
•Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job and classroom training. General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations and assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations and assignments.
How would you describe the company leadership/team management? Our employees are the driving force behind our brand. We cultivate an environment where they feel valued and build their career while working for an industry leader. Career opportunities include positions in our corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. We also have a highly-competitive internship and co-op program. Your opportunity to contribute to the future of the compact equipment industry is right here.
Where do you see the company/organization in the upcoming years? https://www.bobcat.com/company-info/next-is-now
What do you feel candidates need to know about the company before applying?
Our success is powered by our people. Plain and simple. Their dedication and passion for empowering customers to accomplish more is what drives our continued industry leadership. Our integrated, global team of employees and dedicated dealers work together to deliver the best products and services; making lives, businesses and communities better and stronger.
Bobcat Company is both an employer and partner of choice, and we pride ourselves in attracting, retaining and developing top-tier talent and dealers to drive our mission forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert