CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360?? agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
The Strategic Commodity Sourcing Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for setting strategic direction for the assigned commodity, managing negotiations, and helping achieve the budget, sourcing, closing campaigns, and meeting rationalization targets. The Manager will forecast and report economic savings performance, negotiate price reductions or increases, drive long term agreements, market test, award new business to maximize leverage, and analyze various reports to identify and cost reduction opportunities. Additionally, the Manager will support special projects as necessary to assist in delivering commodity goals. This role is approximately 70% Strategic/30% Operational (Focus: Commodity Strategy, Benchmarking, Sourcing Council preparations, mid to upper management presentations, resourcing as needed, Technical Cost reductions, Warranty agreements, managing supplier financial distress, coordination with global teams, supplier capacity management.)
- Lead supplier evaluation, selection, and sourcing for assigned metallic commodities for all North American operations and/or leading/supporting global sourcing projects by working closely with the global commodity team (EMEA, LATAM, APAC).
- Programs: Support function for new product launch initiatives while developing and implementing cost reduction and sourcing strategies through leveraging parts for new platforms to meet program timing, cost, quality, delivery, and strategic objectives.
- Develops/implements supply base management strategies both regionally and globally that lead to lowest total cost in terms of quality, lead time, delivery, service and unit cost. Drives the selection of suppliers, negotiates and maintains performance to expectations.
- Negotiates, implement and manage LTAs (long term agreements) while achieving commercial savings and raw material recovery in order to meet or exceed material cost and total cost reduction objectives and while supporting organizational initiatives. Facilitates supplier/engineering VA/VE activities in order to drive product cost savings and process improvement initiatives to achieve budget performance.
- Provide leadership in and develop an understanding of and insight into the market for the commodities assigned; including industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, lead-times, technology and manufacturing capability of company suppliers and suppliers in the market that best meet expectations and objectives. Track, monitor, and execute hedges at optimal raw material market conditions to minimize risk.
This position pays: $83,000.00 to $132,000 USD (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.) .
- A Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field plus minimum 6 years of purchasing experience. In lieu of Bachelors degree will consider Associates Degree as specified plus minimum 8 years purchasing experience or High School Diploma plus 10 years purchasing experience.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel (to include pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Ability to travel up to 20% - domestic and international (majority of travel will be domestic)