Program Officer - Continuum of Care Coordinator
NORTHWEST MINNESOTA FOUNDATION
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation serves the region that includes two tribal nations and 12 counties, providing grants and loans to organizations and small businesses as well as scholarships to students. In addition, we help build financial assets through endowment and project giving to serve the communities in our service area. Since its inception, our foundation has invested millions to help make the region a better place to live and work.
- Provide quality communication and collaboration in all interactions, including external individuals and internal staff and board members;
- Serve as the coordinator for the Northwest Continuum of Care (NWCoC);
- Facilitate and lead virtual and/or in-person meetings, with a focus on improving the homelessness response system and cross-sector collaboration;
- Responsible for the overall administration of the regional collaborative to meet or exceed the requirements of the United States Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD);
- Participate in local, statewide, and national meeting to better plan and coordinate the homelessness response system;
- Lead the annual performance monitoring of all projects funded through HUD across the NWCoC;
- Be knowledgeable and a key resource for implementing the Northwest Continuum of Care Coordinated Entry System, also known as the regional homeless response system;
- Coordinate annual training for the members of the Northwest Continuum of Care, including the coordination of trainers and scheduling of trainings for various topics; and,
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years of experience in planning social work, public policy or nonprofit administration
- Experience working in rural communities.
- Proven track record in developing grant projects and proposals
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of state, county and federal resources and experience administering government programs
- Ability to analyze complex organizational issues and exercise sound judgment in program evaluation and review.
- Knowledge of northwest Minnesota issues and communities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with public officials, agencies and general public.
- Ability to maintain complete information and prepare clear and detailed reports.
- Ability to function in a team relationship.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare funding applications as well as complete reporting requirements after funding is secured.
- Ability to work well with youth in the region and people with lived experience of homelessness.
- Knowledge of basic social work principles such as trauma-informed approaches
- Passion for the mission of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation
The Program Officer – CoC Coordinator position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits will include the following:
- Dollar for dollar match on 403(b) retirement plan contributions up to 5% of your annual base salary;
- Health insurance (two separate plans available after 30 days of employment, where employee premiums are fully covered under both plans, and where one of the plans also provides for all premiums for children and 50% of a spouse’s premium. There is also a third option to elect an In-lieu of Health Insurance worth $10,000 per year after 30 days employed and proof of existing medical insurance is provided;
- Dental insurance premiums are covered for all employees and all dependents;
- Section 125 Plan - Flexible Spending Account where employees can elect to contribute up to $2,750 for medical expenses and $5,000 for child care, to be used or lost by September 30th each year;
- Premiums to cover your Short-term and Long-term Disability are added to your base pay and deducted on an after-tax basis to provide the maximum benefit of 67% of your gross pay up to $1,000 per week for short-term disability up to 26 weeks and 60% of your gross pay up to $5,000 per month for long-term disability after 26 weeks of work has been missed;
- Parental leave is provided at 100% pay for parents of new children for up to 6 weeks;
- $50,000.00 guaranteed term life insurance* while you are employed with us; Additional term life insurance* and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance* buy-up option available; guaranteed (only at time of hire) up to $60,000.00 each for term life and AD&D. Additional limits are available, but you must provide evidence of insurability. If you are no longer employed with us, you may take your additional life and AD&D insurance policies with you if you choose.
*some age limitations apply;
- Time off includes: 15 vacation days per year with a maximum accrual of 240 hours; 13 sick days per year with a maximum accrual of 720 hours as well as non-accrual benefit time off of 8 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays annually; and,
- Flexible-Hybrid option is available where the employee is expected to be physically at the office for an agreed-upon number of days and has the option to work from home the other days. The primary location for this position will be at the headquarters office of the Foundation located in Bemidji, MN. Please see the note above about Flexible-Hybrid options. Additionally, candidates for this position may reside in the two tribal nation and 12-county region served by NMF, and commute fewer days to the Bemidji office
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.