**Minnesota Applicants Preferred**
As a construction Laborer with KO Construction, you'll be traveling throughout the United States alongside a team of laborers building self-storage facilities. We are a young, hungry General Contractor where culture is a TOP priority! Our teams are filled with individuals that share our core values: a strong community where teamwork comes first, an environment where growth is encouraged, and a connectedness where coaching is given and received without ego.
You'll be based out of Minnesota and travel with a group of laborers and supervisors around the United States to build self-storage facilities, staying on-site for 10-14 days and then returning home for a long weekend. While on the road, we provide great accommodations that provide the comforts of home!
Our full-time positions offer competitive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Short, and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and a Simple IRA with an Employer Match. We also have competitive PTO and Paid Holidays!
We value personal growth and create opportunities for individuals who want to gain leadership skills and grow their careers. Our crews work hard, work as a team, and do what is needed to deliver an exceptional product on budget and on schedule!
Check out our hiring portal to see a day in the life of a KO Construction Laborer.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday through Friday | Some weekends
Location: Out of State, 10-14 days on the road, 4 days off | Great accommodations while on the road!
Headquarters out of Minnetonka, MN
Compensation: Starting at $25/hour
Benefits: We have a suite of competitive benefits including Health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, and Simple IRA with employer match. Being part of our team also means:
- Paid Holidays
- Company-wide incentives/perks
A Day in the Life:
- Traveling the United States building self-storage facilities with a team of young, hungry laborers.
- Work well under pressure in meeting deadlines for building stages.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment and often jumping from state to state to complete projects on time.
- Operating a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines including heavy equipment (telehandlers) as directed by management.
- Work with various forms of technology to stay connected and compliant throughout the company.
- Studying and practicing safety measures according to OSHA.
- Preparing the layout area where construction will take place by properly measuring, marking, or recording openings or distances.
- Comfortable with reading (or learning how to read) blueprints and construction plans.
- Cleaning and preparing specific areas of Jobsite as assigned. This may include digging trenches; cleaning up rubble, debris, and trash; or removing hazardous materials.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by your Site Supervisor.
Who You Are:
- You are excited about traveling across the country and look forward to working with small teams of laborers.
- Flexible and comfortable with ever-changing travel schedules based on project assignments and deadlines.
- Quick to own mistakes and actions, blaming no one. Sees mistakes as opportunities to improve and learn!
- You remain kind and optimistic in chaos and uncertainty, focusing on what is in your control to change or influence.
- You enjoy working with a variety of personalities and treat everyone with respect; having no sense of entitlement.
- Quick to help--you're approachable, coachable, and humbly confident.
- You have a valid driver's license/ID that will allow you to get through the airport and potentially drive corporate vehicles.
- Able to give and receive coaching from Supervisors and colleagues with NO EGO.
- You're great at listening, understanding, and following directions.
- You take pride in your work and encourage others to put their best foot forward!
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb ladders while carrying materials.
- Must be able to wear PPE while on-site regardless of duties (gloves, boots, hard hats, etc)