BMT, a growing trucking fleet based in the beautiful lake’s country near Detroit Lakes, MN, is looking for a few good men and women to add to our ranks of Diesel Mechanics/Technicians.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic personalities that want to be part of something special and an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with us. Having fun along with the way is strictly required. Those looking for the feel of a large corporate-owned shop need not apply.
In this role, you will be responsible for diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of all company and customer owned equipment. Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose, rebuild, and repair fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, and related parts)
- Complete preventative maintenance and standard vehicle maintenance of fleet diesel equipment
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electric problems utilizing diagnostic technology/software when applicable
- Complete detailed mechanical inspections and repairs with minimal supervision
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Identifies root cause of failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call
- Perform vehicle inspections in compliance with State, Federal, ICC and DOT rules, regulations and laws.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Post- Secondary Vocational Education strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years related experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment and demonstrates proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - Engines ( diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Experience with Volvo, Mack, and Paccar products (Preferred)
- Must possess own tools
- Valid Driver’s License to operate applicable company vehicles
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.
- Minnesota DOT Inspector (Preferred)
Compensation / Benefits:
- Up to $32.00/hour depending on experience
- Direct Deposit – bi-weekly
- Employer paid medical/dental/vision
- Paid vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Uniforms provided
- Tool allowance – annual
- Boot allowance – annual
- Ongoing training and incentives for ASE certification