Position Information Please provide details within Cover Letter or Resume of how each of the minimum and/or preferred qualifications have been met.
The purpose of this position is to manage the front space and welcome area for the Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services which includes but is not limited to welcoming visitors, answering phones, and directing individuals accordingly. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will provide support in areas related to budget, payroll and accounting; oversee office functions; and supervise student workers. Responsibilities:
- Serve as point of welcome at the front desk in the office and provide reception duties for the office.
- Coordinate office budgets and payroll; provide IT support for office; hire and supervise student workers including onboarding for all new hires.
- Manage and oversee equipment and inventory; support programming events.
- Provide customer service and contribute to a professional team work environment
Academic Year Hours - Monday-Friday - 8 am - 5 pm
Summer and Break Hours - Monday - Friday - 7:30 am - 4 pm Advertised Salary:
$40,000/year Minimum Qualifications:
- 3+ years related work experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with an office team
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively including excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to maintain a welcoming, inclusive environment for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions
Applicant Materials Required:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance and HRMS modules
- Associate degree in appropriate field
- Work in an international education office or higher education
Cover letter, resume, names and contacts of three (3) professional references Benefits:
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university
- with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include, wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans. About Us:
North Dakota State University is distinctive as a student focused, land-grant, research university. Our main campus is located in Fargo, ND with Extension Service and Research Experiment Station locations across the state.
NDSU is the best college in ND, according to Money Magazine (September 2018). NDSU was named a 2019 Best Value College by Forbes. Fargo made Livability.com's top 10 list of cities to find a job and ranked at #11 for best places to live overall. No Smoking Notice :
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10. EO/AA Statement:
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable. Veteran's Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran's Preference requirements. Reasonable Accommodation Information
North Dakota State University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, please contact Human Resources at 701-231-8961 or email@example.com .