Summary: The Heartland Girls' Ranch Youth Counselor will ensure that the daily needs of all residents are met including, but not limited to, physical, emotional and self-care, through facilitating healthy relationships, supervision and mentoring.
- Supervise residents in their daily expectations while holding them accountable to appropriate behaviors.
- Assist residents in following the daily schedule as directed by the Program Manager.
- Engage residents by facilitating or assisting with activities/chores and being actively involved alongside of the residents during those activities/chores.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. Some college or pursuit of higher education preferred.
- Driver's License and ability to transport residents in an HGR vehicle.
- Ability to communicate with, instruct, guide and counsel individuals who are considered at-risk.
- Experience with at-risk teenagers is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to manage an assaultive or physically aggressive resident if the need arises and the ability to be certified and maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with professionals in mental health, corrections, the criminal justice system and other systems youth may be involved with.
- Knowledge of word processing programs and basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Desire and ability to set personal goals to improve on one's self, including a priority for self-care.
Pay & Benefits
Pay: The hourly pay for the Youth Counselor position is: $17.00. Wages and salaries are paid every two weeks.