Manufacturing Engineer (I, II or Sr. DOE)
- Bobcat Company
- Bismarck, ND
- Join our team!
- Manufacturing and Production
- Job Type
- Full Time
Position Summary: Develops manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards in order to optimize cost and quality
Role & Responsibility
- Participate in definition of existing or future factory manufacturing processes, systems, equipment and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, ergonomic, quality, and quantity factors
- Participate in planning and following up the installation of machinery and parts in line with design plans
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Education & Qualification: Bachelors in engineering (Allow Equivalent)
- Experience: 2+ years
- Travel Standard:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (Lean Manufacturing experience preferred)
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Engineering related field
- Global Breadth: Single-Site (One Location)
- Knowledge of the Manufacturing process
- CAD skills
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office, …)
- Proficient in English
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Difficulties & area of focus when carrying out job (position):
- The job requires to define optimized manufacturing methods, work organization and equipment implementations in order to meet performance and productivity, safety, quality, cost and delivery goals
- Needs to develop strong problem-solving skills
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed fostering an inclusive and a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
Our people power our progress. Keeping our company moving forward means empowering employees with opportunities to grow and the resources necessary to be happy, healthy and productive. That’s why we offer our people a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Here, you’ll enjoy full health coverage, paid time off, income protection, employee discounts on certain consumer goods, tuition reimbursement and more.
How do different cultures play a part in your organization?
Our North American headquarters is located in North Dakota, where we started the compact equipment industry. But our locations span the entire globe – dealers, manufacturing facilities and corporate offices – where innovation is driven forward worldwide. To continue expanding our reach, we’ve opened the Global Collaboration Center in the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
What skills, education, and experiences does your ideal candidate(s) have?
•Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
•These are entry level opportunities
•Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly. Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements. Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
•The ability to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or GED is required.
•Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job and classroom training. General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations and assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations and assignments.
How would you describe the company leadership/team management? Our employees are the driving force behind our brand. We cultivate an environment where they feel valued and build their career while working for an industry leader. Career opportunities include positions in our corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. We also have a highly-competitive internship and co-op program. Your opportunity to contribute to the future of the compact equipment industry is right here.
Where do you see the company/organization in the upcoming years? https://www.bobcat.com/company-info/next-is-now
What do you feel candidates need to know about the company before applying?
Our success is powered by our people. Plain and simple. Their dedication and passion for empowering customers to accomplish more is what drives our continued industry leadership. Our integrated, global team of employees and dedicated dealers work together to deliver the best products and services; making lives, businesses and communities better and stronger.
Bobcat Company is both an employer and partner of choice, and we pride ourselves in attracting, retaining and developing top-tier talent and dealers to drive our mission forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert