Security Officer - Mitchell International Airport - Full-Time
- Hss Inc
- Government and Public Services
- Law Enforcement / Security
- Job Type
- Full Time
Position Summary and Overview:
HSS specializes in managed security services in both physical and virtual high-risk environments - keeping the excitement out of security since 1967. We partner and serve with organizations in healthcare, aviation, government, oil and gas, schools, and other settings where safety and security are top of mind. With nearly 3,500 highly knowledgeable security and support staff, HSS protects its partners and communities through healthcare technology management, integrated security services solutions, and an ingrained ability to assess and de-escalate situations in physical security. The combination of our experience and the way we deliver it through Our Agnostic Approach helps our customers stay calm and focused on what they need to do to keep their enterprises running smoothly. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company provides services nationally and maintains a presence in most states. HSS is one of only a few companies to have earned leading industry designation and certifications - and maintained a positive customer retention rate since the company's inception. More information about HSS can be found at
HSS is currently looking for Security Officers to serve our posts at major Airports and Government Services facilities. Our Security Officers are responsible for maintaining the security and safety of the facility, its staff, and visitors and serve as a visible deterrent to illegal activities on property.
Our full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
??? Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
??? Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
??? Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
??? 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
??? Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
??? Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
??? Employee Assistance Program
??? Recognition & Reward Program
??? Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness.
??? Wellness Program
??? Pet Insurance
??? Identify Theft Protection Plan
The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation is determined by factors like training or experience, work history, geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but are not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
- Ability to physically intervene during crises. This includes the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are being restrained.
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors.
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies
- Valid driver's license in the state in which you reside and the ability to meet HSS' driving standards if applicable
- Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service setting
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and email with the ability to learn other programs such as security incident management software and/or client specific software
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
The statements contained herein describe the essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert