- Alerus Financial
- Join our team!
- Financial Services and Banking
- Business Analyst
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Credit Analyst provides support to the commercial lending team by accurately and efficiently spreading borrower provided financial statements and tax returns, managing administrative tasks for loan committee and department; and updating new loan agreement ticklers while assisting in additional credit department projects or tasks on an as-needed basis. May also support the commercial underwriting team by inputting spread data into credit tables, analyzing the spread and credit data and perform interim annual credit reviews as requested.
Job Function 1: Statement Spreading & Credit Analysis - 70%
- Accurately and efficiently spread Borrower provided financial statements and tax returns utilizing internal bank software.
- Print reports and review for accuracy. Develop understanding of the Borrower's financial position and determine relevant key financial ratios.
- Communicate findings to the Commercial Underwriter and/or Business Advisor in a timely manner.
- Input spread data into credit tables, analyzing the spread/credit data and perform interim annual credit reviews as requested.
- Have a working knowledge of accounting principles and financial techniques.
Job Function 2: Administrative Tasks for Loan Committee and Preflight Requests - 20%
- Collect and distribute loan committee and preflight agenda items and distribute to attendees.
- Set weekly meetings and email reminders for loan committee and preflight to attendees.
- Transcribe and record loan committee and preflight meeting minutes, review with underwriters, publish, and file in bank's virtual file software in a timely manner.
Job Function 3: Additional Projects - 10%
- Assist in additional credit department projects/tasks as requested.
- Complete training as assigned to develop and expand underwriting skills.
- College degree in business, accounting, or finance preferred; or equivalent experience required.
- 1+ years of prior administration experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and tax returns as well as experience in statement spreading is preferred.
- Previous experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly with others orally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Disciplined organization skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Self-started with ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Positive attitude and team player.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Alerus is a company that will challenge you to be at your best and where your efforts have real, tangible effects. Our culture is one of collaboration, innovation, forward-thinking, and giving back. And, as a growing company with a presence in markets from New Hampshire to Arizona, we offer a broad range of opportunities for you to travel the career path that matches your abilities, interests, and goals.
What is the current company culture like?
While our footprint spans North Dakota, Minnesota, Arizona, New Hampshire, and Michigan, we still operate like a small company. In other words, every single person on our team matters. Our employees create our culture.
What skills, education, and experiences does your ideal candidate(s) have? Each position has their own specific requirements and qualifications. In addition to those, Alerus seeks people who live out our fundamental beliefs every day: do the right thing, cherish people, empower with knowledge, respect everyone, serve with passion, and embrace change.
How would you describe the company leadership/team management? Alerus has a diverse executive and leadership team. Each leader comes with a wealth of experience and knowledge within their field to help their teams succeed. Alerus leaders, including our C*Suite executives, maintain regular communication with employees on company updates and goals.
Where do you see the company/organization in the upcoming years? Alerus has bank and office locations in North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire and Arizona. While we continue to serve our clients in these states we also look to grow our national footprint to best serve clients wherever they may live.
What do you feel candidates need to know about the company before applying? Alerus is more than just a bank and offers many products for our clients including personal & business banking, mortgages, wealth management and retirement savings. We continue to grow and expand but still maintain and operate with a small business feel. We would not have continued success without our employees and all the hard work they do to serve our clients with passion.
See the current Alerus job openings below!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert