- Minnkota Power Cooperative, Inc.
- Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Join our team!
- Energy and Utilities
- Business Analyst
- Job Type
- Full Time
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for an Applications Analyst located at our headquarters in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Job Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate, analyze, and document end users’ needs and requirements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to establish the scope of projects, system goals, and requirements
- Full cycle development of requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Analyze and modify existing applications and provide recommendations for system improvements
- Provide project management support for systems configurations
- Analyze business process issues and provide consulting assistance to users
- Assist with maintenance and administration of application systems
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, troubleshoot reported errors, and monitor the health of systems
- Assist end users by providing ongoing support and technical assistance
- Provide timely assistance to help desk tickets and inquiries from end users
- Collaborate with others in the department and vendors to solve issues and report bugs while monitoring the issue through to resolution
Minnkota offers a strong compensation and benefits package. The salary range for this position begins at $77,000 per year. Appropriate compensation will be determined based on a candidate’s skills, education, and previous relevant experience.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field OR equivalent combination of experience and education
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Experience with enterprise business applications and software, including enterprise asset management, inventory, procurement, or financial functions preferred
- Experience with enterprise reporting systems preferred
- Interested candidates with the educational background but limited experience are encouraged to apply. A willingness to work hard combined with on-the-job training will allow you to succeed in this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Minnkota Power Cooperative has a wide range of more than 400 knowledgeable and skilled employees who work to bring reliable, low-cost electric energy to northwestern Minnesota and eastern North Dakota. Minnkota employs engineers, electrical line workers, power plant personnel, electricians, accountants and many other positions needed to manage our unique and evolving business.
Corporate headquarters are located in Grand Forks, N.D. The primary source of electric generation is the Milton R. Young Station, a power plant located near Center, N.D., 35 miles northwest of Bismarck, N.D.
For nearly 80 years, Minnkota has been energizing homes, farms, schools and businesses. And the future is bright. New employees are needed to power our growing local economies and the technological advancements that are changing the way we view the world. Career growth and development are a priority at Minnkota, creating a challenging and rewarding work environment. The company promotes a work culture that strives to keep employees engaged, healthy and productive.
If you're looking for a rewarding career that offers competitive pay, benefits and advancement opportunities, we invite you to view our Apply Today!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert