Lead Quality Testing Engineer
- Securian Financial
- Saint Paul
- Financial Services and Banking
- Job Type
- Full Time
Securian is looking for a Lead Quality Testing Engineer to lead the quality strategy including test automation and best practices within an agile team. The right candidate will have strong technical skills and display a passion for driving technical solutions that ensure the quality of products and deliverables.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide thought leadership and creative ideas to ensure overall product and integration quality.
- Recommend and influence the quality strategy required to support products including manual and automation testing.
- Participate in design and specification reviews and use this information to design test plans.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated and manual tests.
- Ensure automation code quality, leveragability, and maintainability through code reviews, standards, etc.
- Promote and recommend practices to further Continuous Delivery & Continuous Improvement
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the QE team.
- Collaborate closely with all stakeholders on assigned projects to establish a culture of quality, including a "shift left" focus for preventing and finding defects.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies and technologies, and software quality tools:
- Web API, REST
- WebDriver IO, Postman, Newman
- Cucumber, Jasmine
- VSCode, Node JS
- Jira, GitHub, GitHub Actions
- Distributed logging, distributed data stores
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy and test cases, estimating Agile testing tasks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence, collaborate, and build solid relationships with team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
This position will be in a primarily remote working arrangement.
Internal Securian Financial job title for this position is Engineering Consultant
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year!
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert