Purpose of Position
- $52,000 to $64,000 DOE Annual, Exempt
- 40 hours per week
- Hybrid Work Availability:Yes
The purpose of this position is to provide core business functions for departments within Facilities Management. This position reports to the Facilities, Director of Business Services.Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring and Reporting of Facility Financials and Budgets
- Responsible for the accounting for all department revenue, including the funding source behind the revenue
- Reconcile and verify all Facilities funds and projects for accurate reporting to internal departmental reporting and other campus reporting requirements
- Understand all facility financial transactions to ensure processes are timely, efficient, and accurate
- Approve financial transactions, including budget journals, journal entries, journal imports, vouchers, and journal vouchers, and understand the flow of all transactions to the general ledger
- Review and monitor Accounts Receivable balances, prepare billings, and notify appropriate personnel when a customer is past due • Reconcile AiM to Jaggaer and PeopleSoft, and resolve differences
- Reconcile monthly deposits to the general ledger
- Monitor AiM Projects to ensure expenses are billed and work with PDC Accountant to ensure the projects are closed timely
- Monitor budgets and meet critical contacts regularly to review and discuss budget over and under runs
- Work with departments to determine projected revenue and expenses, prepare annual budgets, and update the budget module
- Prepare and present financial reports to the Facilities Administration
- Prepare required schedules for internal and external audits and other financial requests
- Provide Financial and Work Order Analytical Reporting
- Develop analytical reports for departmental billing, work order management, 3rd party report creators, etc.
- Deliver helpful insights and recommendations to key department contacts or critical leaders in the division
- Process payroll for all departments that report to AVP Facilities. The departments include Facilities Management - Maintenance/Custodial, Facilities Management - Utilities, Facilities Management - Administration, Parking Services and Transportation. It includes approximately 250 full-time positions and between 30-60 part-time non-benefited staff depending on the time of year
- Review payroll expenditures for compliance and appropriateness
- Participate in meetings, professional development and training
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including active listening, critical thinking, and the ability to write and speak concisely and express thoughts clearly.
- Ability to confidently express thoughts and lead meetings.
- Demonstrated team player and treats others with respect, while confidently contributing to the team.
- Maintains a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to changes with a positive outlook.
- Ability to be receptive to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Ability to quickly and rationally grasp the "big picture" goal.
- Ability to look for efficiencies in processes and offer value added suggestions to customers about their needs.
- Demonstrated ability working in a cohesive team, willing to back up and support other team members
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, Finance or other business related field
- Three years of experience in a professional accounting position that includes independent thinking, trouble-shooting, reconciliation, and documentation of processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and in particular, advanced knowledge of data analysis functions of Excel with ability to generate a management summary of the data.
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identityand eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Experience working with data analytics and reporting software (Excel, Tibco, PowerBi, Etc.)
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance and HRMS (Human Resources/Payroll) modules
Please submit resume and all application materials by deadline.