If you are hired for this position, you will receive $200 upon successful performance and consistent employment in June at the completion of the school year if referred by a Grand Forks Public School current employee. When applying, please note Employee Referral is how you found out about the position and Human Resources will follow up with you. Current district employees with scheduled hours are not eligible for the Employee Referral Program.
Terms of Employment: Nine (9) months, academic school year 2023-2024
Hours: 7:45am - 3:15pm, Monday through Friday, when school is in session
Variable full-time and part-time positions available with flexible scheduling.
Location: To be determined.
Education: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
Qualifications: Ability to work with a variety of student behaviors and educational needs, primarily in the general education classroom. Ability to work as a team member, demonstrates human relations skills, and demonstrates effective communication skills.
Job Goal: Assist the classroom teacher with instruction and classroom activities. Assists students with disabilities under the supervision of special education/ general education teachers and building administrators.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist in carrying out activities to achieve goals and objectives listed in the students' Individual Educational Plans.
2. Assist students in instructional activities, curriculum modification and adaptations with the planning and supervision of the classroom teacher and/or special education teacher.
3. Assist students who have limited mobility.
4. Assist in monitoring adaptive equipment, including but not limited to, hearing aids/auditory trainers, standers, splints, braces, assistive technology devices, wheelchairs, and feeding devices.
5. Assist students in the development of self-help skills including, but not limited to, feeding, toileting, and dressing to allow the student to benefit from the school environment.
6. Assist in the provision of accommodations including, but not limited to, diapering, positioning, preacademic skills.
7. Supervise students individually and in small and large groups with the planning and direction of the Early Childhood Special Education teacher.
8. Assist students in developing self-management skills.
9. Assist teachers in classroom management.
10. Assist students in loading and unloading safely from buses and vans.
11. Assist students in other ways as assigned by teachers, principals, or coordinator.
12. Participate in training to acquire specific skills needed to perform responsibilities.
13. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and stand. Lift sixty (60) lbs. occasionally, with the ability to reach, stand, walk, carry, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, and/or crawl. The ability to hear and see in order to communicate effectively as well as communicate clearly and concisely. Maintain mental capacity, allowing for effective interaction and communication with others. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Evaluation: Job performance will be evaluated by the Supervising Teacher, Building Administrator.
Benefits: Employees who work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health Insurance and other voluntary benefits at: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/596
Leave benefits (sick, holiday, vacation) can be viewed in the Classified Personnel Policy Manual at https://www.gfschools.org/Page/602
Position open until filled.