At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us to serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Our employees’ impact can take many forms. In this role, the Project Engineer will lead all technical and engineering aspects of the projects required to help OTP meet our mission.
Some of the details of the day-to-day include:
* Maximize project efficiency while balancing operational, maintenance and engineering requirements including collaboration with vendors and consultants.
* Maintain a continuous improvement and long-term planning mindset to ensure projects utilize emerging and innovative technologies.
* Ensure compliance with new and existing regulatory requirements for generator assets.
* Manage engineering, equipment supply, and construction contracts.
* Strategize and recommend necessary maintenance and performance projects.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are obsessed with getting projects completed at an exceptional standard. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
* A successful candidate will be able to manage the small details of a project including deadlines, while keeping the bigger picture value and vision front and center throughout the project development and implementation.
* This role requires excellent collaboration so communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
* Safety and community are key values at OTP and the Project Manager will lead on safety and environmental best practices and regulations.
* In learning the position, the Project Engineer will need to be able to learn accounting and purchasing practices to meet timeline and budgetary requirements.
* A bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and civil/structural systems associated with electrical generation is required.
Physical requirements of the role include:
* Able to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs, work in hot, cold, dark, dusty, chemical vapors, noisy and confined environments, possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, sit or stand for long periods of time, and perform tasks that require manual dexterity.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help drive their career experience and goals.
* Competitive wage & benefit package.
* Training – our average employee has access to hours of training and development resources each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training.
* Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
* Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today. Don’t wait too long though!
Click "apply" to apply online
We’ll accept applications through June 24, 2023. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview assessment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.