Hmong College Prep Academy's mission is to provide the best integrated, challenging, and well-rounded educational experience to students in grades K-12.
If you want to make a difference as part of a dynamic educational community, we invite you to apply to join our team at Hmong College Prep Academy where graduates will be rich in experiences, culture, knowledge and pride, and will be ready for the challenges of college and beyond.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and energetic Middle School Math Teacher to join our growing school.
This Middle School Teacher (subject) will be instrumental in creating a flexible Middle School program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. They will motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for life after high school and post-secondary education. They will build rapport and establish good relationships with students, parents, staff members and the community.
Full job description will be provided upon consideration or upon request.
The ideal candidate will have
A current MN teaching license in elementary education for grades K-8, BA or MA Teaching Licensure and/or related BA or MA Education Degree or equivalent of experience, 3+ years of teaching experience, and experience working with children of diverse ethnic backgrounds in an urban school setting.
They also bring strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively with students, parents, district staff and community members from diverse backgrounds, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task, and knowledge of the programs, functions, and procedures of a school setting.
Hmong College Prep Academy stands out as a high quality school for both teachers and students, demonstrated in many ways:
- Low 20:1 teacher/student ratio
- Strong technology focus with 1:1 Android tablets for students
- Standard student uniform policy
- Robust professional development and mentoring program for teachers
- Recognized by the Minnesota Department of Education as a Celebration School
- Academic and extracurricular activities/teams such as Mock Trial, Band, Choir, Soccer and Volleyball
- World Culture Day
- College preparation programs and activities, such as a Big 10 Tour and college and career fairs
We provide competitive pay and benefits, including:
- An employee benefit package that includes coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, long term disability, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Matching funds for TRA and PERA retirement plans
- Sign-on stipend prorated based on start date! Please see HR for further information
For details on the benefits program go to:
To apply or check out other opportunities, go to
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hmong College Prep Academy District is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.