Northwest Minnesota Foundation Introduction
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation serves a twelve-country region and two tribal nations by providing grants and loans to organizations and small businesses as well as scholarships to students. In addition, we help build financial assets through endowment and project giving to serve the communities in our service area. Since its inception, our foundation has invested millions to help make the region a better place to live and work.
The Accountant Associate position is accountable for recording accounting, payroll, grants, donor, and lending transactions. This position will also assist the Controller to complete the month-end close process and reconcile bank accounts for review. Additionally, this position will assist the Controller with year-end tasks, such as the annual audit and Form 990 information return, and other reporting examinations.
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education/training in accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Accounting Software Systems
- Communication skills consistent with reporting to senior and executive level management
- Proficiency in technology, Microsoft Excel, accounting information systems and/or cloud-based computer systems
- Bank reconciliation and reporting
- Customer service skills for internal and external customers including but not limited to staff, fund advisors, donors, agency contacts, investment managers, etc.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Passion for the mission of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation
The Accountant Associate position is salaried and will be determined based on qualifications and the benefits will include the following:
- Dollar for dollar match on 403(b) retirement plan contributions up to 5% of your annual base salary;
- Health Insurance (2 separate plans available after 30 days of employment where employee premiums are fully covered under both plans and where one of the plans also provides for all premiums for children and 50% of the spouse’s premium. There is also a 3rd option to elect an In-lieu of Health Insurance worth $10,000 per year after 30 days employed and proof of existing medical insurance is provided);
- Dental Insurance premiums are covered for all employees and all dependents;
- Section 125 Plan - Flexible Spending Account where employees can elect to contribute up to $2,750.00 for medical expenses and $5,000.00 for childcare to be used or lost by September 30th each year;
- Premiums to cover your Short-term and Long-term Disability are added to your base pay and deducted on an after-tax basis to provide the maximum benefit of 67% of your gross pay up to $1,000.00 per week for short-term disability up to 26 weeks and 60% of your gross pay up to $5,000.00 per month for long-term disability after 26 weeks of work has been missed;
- Parental leave is provided at 100% pay for parents of new children for up to 6 weeks;
- $50,000.00 guaranteed term life insurance* while you are employed with us; Additional term life insurance* and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance* buy-up option available; guaranteed (only at time of hire) up to $60,000.00 each for term life and AD&D. Additional limits are available, but you must provide evidence of insurability. If you are no longer employed with us, you may take your additional life and AD&D insurance policies with you if you choose. *some age limitations apply;
- Time off includes: 15 vacation days per year with a maximum accrual of 240 hours; 13 sick days per year with a maximum accrual of 720 hours as well as non-accrual benefit time off of 8 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays annually; and,
- This position is eligible for a Flex-Hybrid Work Arrangement within the 12-county region and two tribal nations we serve. This position would be eligible to work one to two days per week from a remote office, while still meeting on-site emergency needs.
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.