This direct labor role supports the assembly operations. Ensures operators receive information and instructions on a daily production/processing operation. Assists in introduction and training of new products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, procedures or oral instructions.Role & Responsibility
1. Perform direct labor function in the assigned area in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Direct manufacturing in assigned areas while meeting required production schedules and promoting safety, quality, teamwork, lean manufacturing, and sound environmental practices.
3. Attend daily production (Shift Hand-Off) meetings as required.
4. Complete all necessary area communications for subsequent production shifts.
5. Maintain & update cell boards.
6. Facilitate shift start up meetings.
7. Check part availability and report outages to the appropriate process owner.
8. Direct and assign workforce according to skill, ability and the format of work area.
9. Identify and work to resolve area bottlenecks to ensure balanced workload.
10. Determine overtime as needed.
11. Communicate & track customer emergencies (Hot Parts).
12. Work to perform root cause analysis and eliminate safety concerns.
13. Oversee work area maintenance and cleaning to assure compliance with Lean Production Management System guidelines.
14. Perform weekly 5S and/or Safety Audits.
15. Communicate Safety Alerts.
16. Schedule and ensure maintenance of area 5S schedule.
17. Schedule Monthly Safety Training.
18. Attend Morning Market Meetings.
19. Update and maintain area cross training matrix.
20. Provide assistance, training and retraining to new, current, or reassigned employees.
21. Serve as point contact for area new hires; assign a work shadow as required.
22. Perform all other duties as assigned.Job Requirement
- Education Required: Diploma - High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Experience Required: 0>2 years
- Travel Required:
- Must be able to read and receive instructions in English.
- Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
- Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
- Must possess basic machining knowledge and the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Light computer skills required.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent is required.
- Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job and classroom training.
- General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations or assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations or assignments.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed fostering an inclusive and a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.Nearest Major Market: