About the Job
Full-time, nine-month, tenure-track position or lecturer position in the Business Department at the Crookston campus of the University of Minnesota starting January 2023 or as negotiated at time of hire. Salary and rank commensurate with qualifications and experience. A competitive fringe benefits package is offered.
Deliver high quality online instruction to undergraduate students in the Health Management programs. This position will lead the development of program goals and objectives; assessment of activities and pedagogy of the programs; advise students; assist with internships, contribute to student recruitment and retention initiatives; assist with program accreditation efforts, and support research and community outreach in health management. The responsibilities also include developing and maintaining strong ties to the healthcare industry to benefit our programs, student experience and student employment opportunities. Service to the Department, University and/or community is also expected. The position requires regular office hours and engagement in service activities on the University of Minnesota Crookston campus. The Health Management (B.S.) Programs are made up of approximately 100 students.
Candidates who wish to be considered for a tenure-line appointment are expected to establish a successful research program with a focus on pedagogy or research in an area relevant to Health Management. Tenure-line appointments carry a 24.0 credit teaching load (typically four 3.0 credit courses per semester). Candidates who wish to be considered for a full-time lecturer appointment are not expected to establish a research agenda. Full-time lecturer appointments carry a 30.0 credit teaching load (typically five 3.0 credit courses per semester). Qualifications
- Master's degree in the field of healthcare or relevant business field, such as an MBA, MHA, MPA;
- Three (3) or more years of direct experience in health care management;
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to deliver effective teaching both on campus and online;
- Ability to draw upon cultural and community-based knowledge in teaching;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency within the scope of the land grant mission;
- Ability to read, write, and understand English;
- Commitment to an experiential educational philosophy within the scope of the land grant mission.
- Final job offer contingent upon receipt of official transcripts, complete background check, and authorization to work in the United States.
- Three to five (3-5) or more years of direct experience in health care administration;
- University teaching experience;
- Research experience in an academic institution;
- Industry experience;
- Experience creating collaborative partnerships for joint university/community projects;
- Experience in leading teacher professional development projects;
- Experience with externally funded projects and grants;
- Familiarity with computer-based instructional technology;
- Experience with ACBSP and/or NAB accreditation
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for more information regarding benefits. How To Apply
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Application materials will include a current curriculum vita, a cover letter, copies of all college transcripts, and a list of 3-5 professional references. In addition to addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications, the cover letter must state which position the candidate is interested in (tenure-track or lecturer). Calls of inquiry welcome by contacting Dr. Shawn Boyne, Associate Vice Chancellor for Business, Arts, and Education at 218-281-8176 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647). Diversity
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu Employment Requirements
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment. About the U of MUniversity of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC)
With a strong tradition of technology-enhanced teaching and learning, the University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC) serves as the U's major outpost in Northwest Minnesota. UMC provides both experiential, career-oriented degree programs as well as high-quality online programs, while connecting its teaching, research, and outreach to rural economic development and service to the region and beyond.
At the University of Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized by the Star Tribune as a Top Workplace for 2021, as well as by Forbes as Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers (2015, 2018, 2019, 2023), Best Employer for Diversity (2019, 2020), Best Employer for New Grads (2018, 2019), and Best Employer by State (2019, 2022).