Building communities by connecting real people to food, this is what matters to you
Relocation Assistace Provided
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 for Minnesota State University, Mankato in Mankato, MN. The campus features a new, state-of-the-art $32 million dollar dining facility, 2 convenience stores, and multiple retail locations. Executive Chefs with excellent leadership qualities and strong creativity are encouraged to apply!
Located in south central Minnesota, Mankato is a fast-growing community of 50,000 just 80 miles south of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Mankato consistently ranks as one of the most livable communities in the country, ranking in the nation in Forbes 2014 "Best Small Places for Businesses & Careers" and as one of the top 100 communities for young people by America's Promise for four consecutive years.
The Successful Candidate Will
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for dining services: main focus in residential dining, catering, retail menus, production, HACCP, inventory control, staffing plans, presentation and food quality, safety, kitchen cleanliness;
- responsible for KPI's related to food cost
- monitor and develop 2 other Executive Chefs on campus;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional supervisory/management skill set;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
Learn more about Minnesota State University, Mankato at
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs .
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.