DigiKey is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. In addition to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components and providing the best service possible to customers, employees have access to a highly competitive benefits package. The package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan featuring a low co-pay and no deductible plan as well as dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts; competitive paid time off; relocation assistance; 401(k) and profit sharing; and education advancement. To learn more, visit our benefits and perks page . ______________________________________________________________________ Position Overview:
Shift Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 7:00 PM- 5:30 AM (no weekends).
As a Resident Maintenance Technician, you will provide industrial Electrical/Mechanical expertise to maintain the supplied automation in our state of the art Product Distribution Center (PDC) in Thief River Falls, MN. This position works directly with KNAPP, our on-site partner and world leader in cutting edge technology. You will be part of The Resident Maintenance Technician (RMT) team that services and supports one of the largest installations of its kind in the world on the newest generation of automated fulfillment equipment, requiring a very high uptime rate.
This team strives to maximize equipment utilization and efficiency, developing processes to maintain functionality. DigiKey RMTs bring advanced technical knowledge and solid discretion, judgment, and time management skills.
Areas of focus include electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and automated equipment maintenance within a climate-controlled warehouse. You'll work closely with the Maintenance Shift Supervisor, Resident Site Supervisor and/or Site Maintenance Manager and collaborate as part of a team of experienced technicians and engineers.Responsibilities:
- Rectify electro-mechanical faults as well as resolve PLC related issues. Provide expert knowledge and guidance on this subject matter to all assigned areas of assistance; throughout all activities maintain focused on safety
- Provide experience and expertise in the installation of conveyor and precision automation equipment
- Provide first class support on operation and maintenance of installed automated storage and retrieval systems, and storage and picking systems Quickly and diligently respond, track, record and triage any problems or emergency calls and requests
- Provide emergency breakdown and specialized maintenance service support; work against timelines to complete reactive repairs
- Provide first-class response to customer inquiries and requests, in conjunction with the customers on-site maintenance department, ensuring, as far as reasonably practical, to do the job right the first time
- Set up and calibrate precision automation equipment
- Create strong effective working relationships with within DigiKey to enable them to provide first-class service
- Meet performance expectations specific to expected output, speed of response, quality of repair, and standards of workmanship.
- Provide training pertaining to the overall system to DigiKey employees as required
- Maintain quality of service by ensuring clear and precise quality communications with customers
- Ensure reports and documentation are well written (e.g. complete/thorough, legible, understandable) via tablets, with all correct job numbers entered, and presented to Shift Supervisor on biweekly basis for review and approval
- Execute site quality, safety, and any statutory procedures
- Utilize appropriate health & safety considerations regarding given tasks; carry out risk assessments
- Meet regularly with the Maintenance Shift Supervisor or Resident Site Manager or Site Maintenance Manager to discuss activities, progress and performance
- Log all spare parts usage issues appropriately and promptly with the customer and Knapp spare parts team or CMMS if available
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of the tools and equipment supplied
- Lead the mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing processes as needed
- Professionally interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing any concerns
- Demonstrate ownership of issues to achieve a quick timely resolution
- Demonstrate flexibility and the best use of skills and capabilities throughout daily activities
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Weekends and overtime if required by workload
- Occasional travel required, should have passport or can get a passport in a reasonable timeframe
Required Skills and Experience
- Verifiable experience providing repairs on various types of machinery systems, including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Verifiable ability to interpret and work with electrical circuit diagrams
- Theoretical and operational experience in the repair, troubleshooting of PLC-based machinery and control systems
- Ability to provide expertise and guidance that contributes a unique interpretation or analysis of our systems to our customers
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Ability to operate hand tools and be able to disassemble and assemble parts onto equipment
- Able to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Demonstrated commitment to be the best; valuing progress over perfection
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; leveraging curiosity, creativity and open-mindedness in solution development
- Process-oriented mentality; show accountability by taking ownership over your results
- Hands-on, team-oriented commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience in reducing costs through process improvement efforts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Exceptional people skills, with the ability to gain and maintain trust and confidence of individuals within and outside of DigiKey; embody excellent customer service skills and people make the difference mentality
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Extensive experience in equipment maintenance, modifications and design (preferred)
- Experience with network equipment interfaces (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable mechanical/electrical experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates of Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology or similar area of study (Preferred)
- Sitting, squatting, walking, reaching out to arm's length, reaching over-head, lifting between 50-100 pounds, and ability to read
DigiKey offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. As required by state-specific legislation in many states including California, Colorado, Nevada, and Washington, the base compensation range for this position starts at $29.40 (with a $3.00/hr shift increment), commensurate with qualifications and experience. While it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of this reasonable range, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
DigiKey Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-338-4105 or email@example.com .
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal