Operates and tends machines to package product by performing the following duties:
- Operates machine(s) to feed product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices.
- Lifts rope of product to chopper belt and peels plastic from product.
- Weighs product and packs into preformed pouches.
- Moves product into sterilizer.
- Places product on grill marker belt.
- Ensures product packages are placed on conveyor according to company standards.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Removes irregular product and any foreign material found in product. Reports irregularities to the Quality Assurance Technician or Supervisor.
- Reviews workspace for cleanliness and safety and cleans equipment according to company standards.
- Cleans equipment according to company standards.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran