Sets up, operates, and tends machines to mix or blend product ingredients by performing the following duties:
- Dumps or pours specified amounts of materials into machinery and equipment.
- Starts machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allows them to mix for specified times.
- Observes production and monitors equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Weighs or measures ingredients and product to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Collects samples of ingredients or product for testing.
- Stops mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained, and opens valves and starts pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Examines ingredients and product visually or with hands, in order to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Lifts frozen product onto pallets or pitches frozen product into crusher.
- Reviews workspace for cleanliness and safety and cleans equipment according to company standards.
- Sets up filament production line according to company standards.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds . Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. Must be able visually distinguish color shade variations.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran