Tends machine that performs the packaging functions of marking, labeling, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties:
- Prepares and starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Alerts maintenance of breakdowns and mechanical problems.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as changing film or dies, calibrating scales, adjusting guides, setting metal detector, or clearing away damaged product containers.
- Weigh packages manually per company specifications.
- Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged with proper seal and date according to company specifications.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Keeps equipment and area clean in accordance with company specifications.
- Records production information per company specifications.
- Performs daily and/or weekly equipment checks, conducts maintenance when equipment is not in use.
- Cleans equipment according to company standards.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran