Senior Manager, Forecasting & Analytics
The Senior Manager will support strategic decision making by providing business, sales, demand performance, and forecast insights to leadership and partner groups. This individual will:
- Develop, build, and maintain monthly sales forecasts (across channels), annual Marketing plan forecasts, and ad-hoc forecasting requests.
- Partner with Finance and the broader Analytics team to develop forecasting recommendations.
- Engage and advise marketing and business partners on forecast decisions, targets, and communication of risks and opportunities.
- Provide senior management with an objective and rigorous point of view to demand forecasting, performance management, and dashboards across all sales channels
- Synthesize and integrate various data, research, and analyses to work with business partners and generate holistic and impactful insights
- Provide analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating results and recommendations to business stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Analytics and other cross-functional partners to define business problems and develop analytical solutions through complex datasets.
- Identify, acquire, curate, and leverage new data sources to address data gaps in an integrated manner.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and consultants to frame business needs and enable effective analytics for launch tracking, market sizing, etc.
- Proactively perform analyses in the areas of estimating revenue potential, market size, penetration, marketing practices and trends, and prepare forecasts and recommendations.
- Minimum: BS/BA with business, finance or science concentration preferred
- Graduate-level Degree is preferred
- 6+ years of forecasting (including trending and uncertainty analysis), market research, or business analytics experience in retail
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design
- Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, time series analysis, and simulation
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills—able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Proven project management skills—able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data sources
- Demonstrated analytical skills—understands the advantages and limits of different analytical approaches and studies and their findings
- Strong client service and business orientation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment