Test Automation Engineer
Swanson Health Products is seeking an experienced Test Automation Engineer. The ideal applicant will have prior experience with Ranorex, or JMeter.
The primary function of this position is to gather requirements, develop procedures and guidelines and execute the automation testing efforts of all website applications prior to deployment to ensure they are performing according to specifications and are free of errors on all Swanson affiliated websites.
- Develop the architecture for automating the testing of all code released to the public on all Swanson affiliated websites; Establish a regression testing protocol.
- Launch a test automation strategy to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and productivity.
- Work with technology and business stakeholders to gather, define, execute and document test plans and test cases related to each project slated to go live on the website including third party integrations. Develop and maintain standard testing operating procedures based on established requirements and business rules.
- Accurately detect, report and document defects and test results on assigned projects.
- Investigate found problems and drive them to resolution.
- Continually look for ways to improve current testing capabilities.
- Coordinate and communicate activities and strategies for automation and work in close collaboration with User Experience and Management Information Systems team members.
- Create pre- and post-test communications and scorecards aligned with each scheduled release; Deliver information in an organized and strategic fashion for easy consumption across a wide audience of clients; Report out findings with a strong knowledge of the why’s and how’s.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Specialist with manual end-to-end testing and other tasks as necessary.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments. Make recommendations related to Test Automation needs.
- Actively seek out innovative solutions to solve web-related business problems.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to summarize data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- An innate love for bug bashing; finding them, understanding why they occurred, initiating a fix for them, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of test automation best practices and ability to form test cases
- Experience with Automated testing software (Ranorex, Selenium, etc)
- Capable and comfortable multi-tasking between concurrent tasks with changing priorities and deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to producing quality work, deadline conscious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the organization
- Process oriented
- Experience with integration testing web services and applications
- Knowledge of Java programming language a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years demonstrated Test Automation and 4 years in a Quality Assurance or similar role. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and Software Used:
- Windows OS
- JIRA Bug & Project Management software
- Test Automation Software (Ranorex, Selenium, Jmeter)
- Microsoft Office Products
- General office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time - continuously
- Computer use and data entry - continuously