Food Service Attend-Patient Food Se
01 Patient Food Service Department
.00, M-S, Req # - 17245
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- Less than High School, must be able to read, write & do math
- JOB SUMMARY
- Serves patients and customers by performing routine assignments related to food preparation, distribution, and sanitation. Also responsible to perform cashiering functions as assigned.
- Education: Less than high school. Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: N/A Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: Serv Safe Certification
- Ability to read, write, and do basic math. Ability to operate food service equipment, such as: coffee urns, toaster and dishwasher. Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers, understand oral and written instructions. READING - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. WRITING - Basic: Ability to write simple correspondence. SPEAKING - Basic: Ability to speak simple sentences. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Basic Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY - Basic Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds); frequent prolonged standing/walking; pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies; considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Ability to see, hear, sit, bend, walk, talk for up an eight (8) hour period. Stand - Continuously Over 2/3 (5.5 - 8 hours) Walk - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Sit - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Reach with hands and arms - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Stoop, Squat, Kneel, or Crouch - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Bending-repetitive forward - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Talk or hear - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours)
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours) Up to 50 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours) Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Subject to burns and cuts; exposed to hazards of steam, heat, wetness and odors in kitchen and/or patient areas; exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements.