Machinist (Shop & Floor)
• Provides quality machine work for maintenance department. Operates lathes, shapers, milling machines, drill presses, metallizers, arbor presses, etc.
• Works with various metals and machines according to specification and works spare parts for factory equipment.
• Overhauls and repairs mechanical equipment and rebuilds shafting according to specifications.
• Assists in factory maintenance as requested.
• Acts as a resource to mechanics in use of measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, levels, etc.
• Rebuilds and metallizes shafts and pumps.
• Performs proper maintenance, repairs, and lubrication of all machine shop equipment.
• Works overtime as required.
• High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
• Two year vocational technical degree in machining or 5 years related machine shop work experience.
• Incumbents are required to pass a Combined Basic Skills Test verifying basic skills and knowledge and are also required to pass a Mechanical Aptitude Test.
• Able to work from and read detailed plans and blueprints.
• Familiar with and able to operate all machine shop equipment such as motors, pumps, gear reducers, turbines, blowers, fans, scrolls, etc.
• Must possess basic shop math skills and have working knowledge of all measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, levels, scales, squares, and must be able to work with close tolerances on machine work.
• Must be able to cut and weld both gas and electric.