Convention Services (Set Up)
Ensures proper set up and facility arrangement to provide guest satisfaction.
- Sets up tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, audio visual equipment and other equipment as required by scheduled function, including, but not limited to, meetings, conferences, wedding receptions, social functions, concerts and outdoor events.
- Ensure sound and lighting systems are in proper working condition and that all rooms are correctly combined in their specifically designed order, as required by scheduled function(s).
- Takes down any tables, chairs, risers, dance floor and other equipment upon completion of scheduled event.
- Makes sure all equipment is stored in proper manner in designated location.
- Responsible to ensure all equipment is in proper working order and report any repairs or replacement needs to the Banquet Captain/Lead.
- Cleans rooms and event areas including, but not limited to, vacuuming, shampooing carpets and chairs, mopping floors, wiping tables.
- Examines all tables, chairs and equipment for possible detailed cleaning and repairs.
- Functions in a team capacity, which may entail help in service, prep cook and steward areas.
- Ensure care and respect are used when setting up and storing equipment, moving walls, chairs, tables and all other equipment.
- Complete work order for maintenance as appropriate for repairs and replacement of property.
- Maintains reader board to ensure accurate information is communicated.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree GED preferred. At least four months experience or training in convention services, pertaining to room set-up, labor or related field.